Multipurpose Library Puffs and a giveaway!
So why am I posting a picture of giant pom poms? Because they are stinking awesome! They were an impulse purchase from Joann’s Fabric Store last year. I am a sucker for glittery objects and these were on clearance for under a dollar. My Mister was less than enthused and asked what I was going to do with them. I think I replied with “The real question is what can’t you do with them?!!”
When I took them to work, my fellow Librarians were pretty excited. I mean giant cheap pom-pom kind of excited. We really are easy to please! Since then I have used them in lots of programs.
- They became Wuzzle fluffs for Dr. Seuss’s birthday celebration. The kids tossed them at the Cat’s hats.
- They were asteroids and moon rocks for two Space story-times.
- Teens threw them at each other for our Maze Runner program. They are really soft no matter how hard you throw them!
- The white ones will be used for an indoor snowball fight.
- The black pom-poms became rocks to throw at Orcs and trolls for our Hobbit Day party.
That is just a small example of what we have used them for. They are pretty durable for passing through that many programs and kids hands! It’s proof that sometimes the most random purchases can be super useful. You can still find them online here.
I am sure that we will come up with more ideas in the future. Till then … What would you use them for? The best answer gets a package of giant pom-poms of their own! Leave a comment below with your answer and I will pick my favorite. You have until September 30th to answer! Be creative and be wacky!